A Christmas Carol
Based on the novel
Adapted by: Matt Beutner and Micky Shearon
Director: Micky Shearon
Assistant Director: Matt Beutner
Music Director: Greg Doss
Stage Manager: Whitney Shearon
A Christmas Carol Auditions:
Monday and Tuesday, August 20-21 from 6-9pm at the Granbury Opera House (133 E. Pearl Street, Granbury, Texas 76048 – please enter through the artists entrance at the back of the building)
Callbacks (if needed – by invitation): Saturday, August 25th from 9am-1pm at the Granbury Opera House
- Please come prepared with a headshot and resume.
- You must note ALL conflicts for rehearsals and performances on the evening of your auditions.
- Auditions will include a cold reading from the script.
- You will also need to sing 15 seconds from your favorite Christmas carol without accompaniment.
The play based on the classic Charles Dickens novel recounts the tale of
Schedule Your Audition
Rehearsals will begin Monday, September 24. It is expected that rehearsals will not be scheduled during the weeks of October 8 and October 15. When rehearsals resume on Monday, October 22, it will be expected that the cast
- Typically, rehearsals will be Monday-Thursday from 7-10pm and Saturday from 9am-1pm.
- Tech Week rehearsals on November 18-21 will be Sunday-Wednesday from 6-10pm.
- The cast will be off on Thanksgiving Day, but there will be a final rehearsal on Friday, November 23 in the afternoon before the opening performance.
- There may be a Que to Que rehearsal on November 17 or 18.
- The production runs from November 23-December 23 with shows on Thursdays at
7:30pm, Fridays at 7:30pm, Saturdays at 2pmand 7:30pm, and Sundays at 2pm.
- There were also be weekday shows on Tuesday, December 18 and Wednesday, December 19 at 7:30 P.M. as well as a special closing show on Sunday, December 23 at 7:30 P.M.
- GTC is a non-Equity company. Actor stipends are available for some roles.
- Housing is available upon request.
Please allow the form to load. If the form does not load, click here to register.
If unable to attend the general audition dates, video submissions will be accepted through August 21 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ebenezer Scrooge – The miserly owner of a London counting-house, a nineteenth-century term for an accountant’s office. The three spirits of Christmas visit the stodgy bean-counter in hopes of reversing Scrooge’s greedy, cold-hearted approach to life.
Bob Cratchit – Scrooge’s clerk, a kind, mild, and very poor man with a large family. Though treated harshly by his boss, Cratchit remains a humble and dedicated employee
Fred – Scrooge’s nephew, a genial man who loves Christmas. He invites Scrooge to his Christmas party each and every year, only to be refused by his grumpy uncle
Belle – A beautiful woman who Scrooge loved deeply when he was a young man. Belle broke off their engagement after Scrooge became consumed with greed and the lust for wealth. She later married another man
Martha Cratchit – Bob’s oldest daughter, who works in a milliner’s shop. (A milliner is a person who designs, produces, and sells hats.)
Fan – Scrooge’s sister; Fred’s mother. In Scrooge’s vision of Christmases past, he remembers Fan picking him up from school and walking him home
Narrator – Kind and warm grandmotherly type with a flair for storytelling.
Old Joe, Charwoman, and Mrs. Dilber – all greedy self-serving grave robbers
Do you want to be notified about upcoming auditions for Granbury Theatre Company productions?
Then just enter your first and last name, your email address, and check the “GTC Audition Notices” box below. You can also choose to subscribe for email updates and offers from Granbury Theatre Company and Granbury Theatre Academy!