Do you want to be notified about upcoming auditions for Granbury Theatre Company productions?
Then just enter your first and last name, your email address, and check the “GTC Audition Notices” box below. You can also choose to subscribe for email updates and offers from Granbury Theatre Company and Granbury Theatre Academy!
Disney’s Beauty and the Beast
Music by Alan Menken
Lyrics by Howard Ashman and Tim RIce
Book by Linda Woolverton
Director: Jay Lewis
Assistant Director: Jeff Meador
Choreographer: Domanick Anton Hubbard
Music Director: Greg Doss
Stage Manager: Cessany Ford
Beauty and The Beast Auditions:
Monday and Tuesday, September 25-26 from 6-10pm & Wednesday, September 27th from 6-8pm at the Granbury Opera House (133 E. Pearl Street, Granbury, Texas 76048 – please enter through the artists entrance at the back of the building)
Callbacks (by invitation): September 30 from 10am-1pm at the Granbury Opera House
- Please come prepared with a headshot and resume.
- You must note ALL conflicts for rehearsals and performances on the evening of your auditions.
- Prepare a clearly marked 16 bar cut from a song in the style of the show. Accompaniment will be provided so please provide the sheet music.
- The audition will also include a cold reading from the script.
The classic story tells of Belle, a young woman in a provincial town, and the Beast, who is really a young prince trapped under the spell of an enchantress. If the Beast can learn to love and be loved, the curse will end and he will be transformed into his former self. But time is running out. If the Beast does not learn his lesson soon, he and his household will be doomed for all eternity.
Schedule Your Audition
Rehearsals will begin Monday, October 2.
- Typically, rehearsals will be Monday-Thursday from 7-10pm and Saturday from 9am-1pm.
- Tech Week rehearsals on November 13 will be Monday-Thursday from 6-10pm.
- There may be a Que to Que rehearsal on November 11-12.
- The production runs from November 17-December 23 with shows on Fridays at 7:30pm, Saturdays at 2pm and 7:30pm, and Sundays at 2pm.
- There will be also be shows on December 19, 20, and 21 at 7:30pm.
- Additional shows are a possibility depending on ticket sales.
- Actor stipends are available for some roles.
- Housing is available upon request.
Please allow the form to load. If the form does not load, click here to register.
Belle – A vibrant, intelligent girl with beauty, who wants more out of the life than an ordinary existence. She is optimistic, fun-loving, caring, and eager to experience life.
Beast – A Prince transformed into a terrifying beast for his lack of compassion. He is hot-tempered and commanding, but has a warm, loving heart buried far beneath his gruff exterior.
Gaston – The egotistical, ultra-masculine villain determined to marry Belle. He is manipulative yet charming and earnest.
Maurice – Belle’s loving, eccentric father. A child at heart and inventor in his own world.
Cogsworth – A tightly-wound, enchanted mantle clock and the head of the Beast’s household. He is uptight, strict, and punctual but also hard-working, faithful, and thorough.
Mrs. Potts – A warm-hearted, maternal enchanted teapot. She is loyal, caring, and playful.
Lumiere – A suave, debonair enchanted candelabra. He is a loyal and steadfast servant.
Chip – An enchanted teacup and Mrs. Potts’ darling little boy. He is innocent, playful, and bright-eyed.
Babette – A saucy, enchanted feather-duster, and the object of Lumiere’s affections. She is the playful, gorgeous, seductive French maid.
Madame De La Grande Bouche – A former opera diva-turned-enchanted wardrobe. She has a caring, refined, larger than life personality.
Lefou – Gaston’s bumbling sidekick. He is loyal, energetic, and optimistic, but not quite the brightest guy.
Monsieur D’arque – The scheming proprietor of the local insane asylum. He is a dark, sinister villain who aides Gaston in his plot to marry Belle.
Ensemble – Wolves; Enchanted Objects; Townspeople
Children’s Ensemble – Household Figures; Townspeople