Do you want to be notified about upcoming auditions for Granbury Theatre Company productions?
Then just enter your first and last name, your email address, and check the “GTC Audition Notices” box below. You can also choose to subscribe for email updates and offers from Granbury Theatre Company and Granbury Theatre Academy!
By John Cariani
Director: Katy Beckermann
Stage Manager: Whitney Shearon
Almost, Maine Auditions:
Monday and Tuesday, November 27-28 from 6-9:
Callbacks (by invitation): Saturday, December 2 from 11am-1pm at the Granbury Opera House
- Please come prepared with a headshot and resume.
- You must note ALL conflicts for rehearsals and performances on the evening of your auditions.
- The audition will also include a cold reading from the script.
On a cold, clear, moonless night in the middle of winter, all is not quite what it seems in the remote, mythical town of Almost, Maine. As the northern lights hover in the star-filled sky above, Almost’s residents find themselves falling in and out of love in unexpected and often hilarious ways. Knees are bruised. Hearts are broken. But the bruises heal, and the hearts mend—almost—in this delightful midwinter night’s dream.
Schedule Your Audition
There will be a cast meeting and read through on Monday, December 11 at 7pm with a possible additional rehearsal on Tuesday, December 12. There will be a break for the holidays. Rehearsals will resume on Tuesday, January 2.
- Typically, rehearsals will be Monday-Thursday from 7-10pm and Saturday from 9am-1pm. -1pm.
- Tech Week rehearsals on January 22-25 will be Monday-Thursday from 6-10pm.
- There may be a Que to Que rehearsal on January 20 or 21.
- The production runs from January 26-February 11 with shows on Fridays at 7:30pm, Saturdays at 2pm and 7:30pm, and Sundays at 2pm.
- Actor stipends are available for some roles.
- Housing is available upon request.
Please allow the form to load. If the form does not load, click here to register.
If unable to attend the general audition dates, video submissions will be accepted through November 28 at email@example.com.
4-16 actors, at least two males and two females, early 20s to mid 40s. Actors may be cast to play a single role in the show, or to play multiple roles. All roles are available, and include:
Pete – Ginette’s boyfriend
Ginette – Pete’s girlfriend, has something that she wants to say
East – a repairman who encounters an unexpected guest
Glory – a hiker with a broken heart
Jimmy – a heater and cooling guy with hopes of rekindling a romance
Sandrine – Jimmy’s ex-girlfriend with a new life of her own
Marvalyn – a woman who is very good at protecting herself
Steve – An open, kind man, who is usually protected by his brother
Gayle and Lendall – longtime girlfriend and boyfriend
Phil and Marcie – a working man and his hardworking wife
Randy and Chad – two “country boys”
Rhonda – a tough woman
Dave – the not-so-tough man who loves Rhonda