Auditions – “Fiddler on the Roof”
Fiddler on the Roof
Music by Jerry Bock
Lyrics by Sheldon Harnick
Based on Sholem Aleichem’s stories, by special permission of Arnold Perl
Director: Jay Lewis
Assistant Director: Jeff Meador
Music Director: Ashley Green
Choreographer: Nolan Moralez
Stage Manager: Whitney Shearon
October 22- November 14, 2021
Fridays at 7:30pm, Saturdays at 2pm and 7:30pm, Sundays at 2pm
- Rehearsals will begin Monday, September 20.
- Typically, rehearsals will be Mondays-Thursdays from 7-10pm and Saturdays from 9am-12pm.
- Tech Week rehearsals on October 18-21 will be Monday-Thursday from 6-10pm.
- There may be a Q2Q rehearsal on Sunday, October 17.
- Actor stipends are available for some roles.
- An allotment of comp tickets is available for family and friends.
- Housing is available upon request.
Submit video audition by Sunday, July 11 at 5pm
The video should include:
(1) the singing of 32 bars from a song in the style of the show
(2) selected reading from among the provided audition sides
Please choose no more than 2 readings to submit. All readings and song should be combined into one video.
Please submit through this link:
Please include a headshot, resume, and a list of rehearsal/performance conflicts.
Click on this link for the audition sides. Please remember to choose no more than 2 readings to submit.
If needed and by invitation only
Thursday, July 15
GTC Studio 1301 (1301 W. Pearl Street, Granbury, Texas 76048)
Set in the little village of Anatevka, the story centers on Tevye, a poor milkman, and his five daughters. With the help of a colorful and tight-knit Jewish community, Tevye tries to protect his daughters and instill them with traditional values in the face of changing social mores and the growing anti-Semitism of Czarist Russia. Rich in historical and ethnic detail, Fiddler on the Roof’s universal theme of tradition cuts across barriers of race, class, nationality and religion, leaving audiences crying tears of laughter, joy and sadness.