Do you want to be notified about upcoming auditions for Granbury Theatre Company productions?
Then just enter your first and last name, your email address, and check the “GTC Audition Notices” box below. You can also choose to subscribe for email updates and offers from Granbury Theatre Company and Granbury Theatre Academy!
Music by Tom Snow
Lyrics by Dean Pitchford
Stage Adaption by Dean Pitchford and Walter Bobbie
Based on the original screenplay by Dean Pitchford
Additional Music by Eric Carmen, Sammy Hagar, Kenny Loggins, and Jim Steinman
Director: Ricky Pope
Choreographer: Domanick Anton Hubbard
Music Director: Greg Doss
Stage Manager: Whitney Shearon
Monday and Tuesday, March 5-6 from 6-9pm at the Granbury Opera House (133 E. Pearl Street, Granbury, Texas 76048 – please enter through the artists entrance at the back of the building)
Callbacks (if needed – by invitation): Wednesday, March 7 from 6pm-9pm at the Granbury Opera House
The director is seeking a diverse cast. Actors of all ethnicities are highly encouraged to audition.
- Please come prepared with a headshot and resume.
- You must note ALL conflicts for rehearsals and performances on the evening of your auditions.
- Auditions will include a cold reading from the script
- Prepare a clearly marked 16 to 32 bar cut from a song in the style of the show. Accompaniment will be provided so please provide the sheet music.
When Ren and his mother move from Chicago to a small farming town, Ren is prepared for the inevitable adjustment period at his new high school. What he isn’t prepared for are the rigorous local edicts, including a ban on dancing instituted by the local preacher, determined to exercise the control over the town’s youth that he cannot command in his own home. When the reverend’s rebellious daughter sets her sights on Ren, her roughneck boyfriend tries to sabotage Ren’s reputation, with many of the locals eager to believe the worst about the new kid. The heartfelt story that emerges is of a father longing for the son he lost and of a young man aching for the father who walked out on him. To the rockin’ rhythm of its Oscar and Tony-nominated top 40 score (the soundtrack album reached number one on the Billboard charts and has sold over 15 million copies!) and augmented with dynamic new songs for the stage musical, Footloose celebrates the wisdom of listening to young people, guiding them with a warm heart and an open mind.
Schedule Your Audition
- Rehearsals will begin Monday, April 30.
- Typically, rehearsals will be Monday-Thursday from 7-10pm and Saturday from 9am-1pm.
- Tech Week rehearsals on June 11-14 will be Monday-Thursday from 6-10pm.
- There may be a Que to Que rehearsal on June 9 or 10.
- The production runs from June 15 through July 15 with shows on Fridays at 7:30pm, Saturdays at 2pm and 7:30pm, and Sundays at 2pm.
- Actor stipends are available for some roles.
- Housing is available upon request.
Please allow the form to load. If the form does not load, click here to register.
If unable to attend the general audition dates, video submissions will be accepted through March 6 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ren McCormack – teenage boy from Chicago
Ethel McCormack – his mother
Reverend Shaw Moore – the minister of Bomont
Vi Moore – his wife
Ariel Moore – their teenage daughter
Lulu Warnicker – Ren’s aunt
Wes Warnicker – her husband
Coach Roger Dunbar – the high school gym teacher
Eleanor Dunbar – his wife
Rusty – Ariel’s best friend
Urleen – Ariel’s friend
Wendy Jo – Ariel’s friend
Chuck Cranston – Ariel’s boyfriend
Lyle – Chuck’s buddy
Travis – Chuck’s buddy
Betty Blast – the owner of The Burger Blast
Willard Hewitt – Ren’s friend, a country boy
Principal Harry Clark
Jeter – Ren’s friend
Bickle – Ren’s friend
Garvin – Ren’s friend
Cowboy Bob – the lead vocalist at the Bar-B-Que
Cowboy Bob’s Band
Townspeople and High School Students