Granbury Theatre Company will host upcoming productions providing the following guidance to our patrons.
GTC reserves the right to put additional safety guidelines in place and to communicate those to patrons prior to each performance. Performances may be delayed, postponed, or cancelled if necessary.
The Granbury Opera House will operate at around 50% capacity.
Cast and crew members, staff, and patrons are encouraged to practice social distancing.
Our minimum guidelines for patrons listed below include:
- Any patron experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 or having had contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 (within the 14 days prior to our event) must not attend. See SYMPTOMS section below.
- Patrons must wear masks or face coverings at all times.
- Ticketing will be handled remotely – either through our website or by phone. Any in-person sales should follow distancing and minimize contact.
- Exterior doors at the Opera House entrance will be open to allow patrons to space on the sidewalk outside and not congregate in the lobby. The same will apply during intermission.
- In order to ensure proper spacing, seating will be on alternating rows in both the floor and balcony sections. Groups attending together must leave two empty seats on either side.
- All seats, handrails, restrooms, elevator, and other areas will be cleaned and disinfected after each performance.
- Box office staff will help patrons find appropriate seating. Tickets will be checked without contact.
- Playbills will be available upon entrance but will not be provided directly by staff. The playbills will not be recycled.
- Concessions will not be available.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for all patrons.
- Restrooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after every performance.
- Cast members will not greet patrons in the lobby following the show.
- Patrons should exit the theater immediately following the performance.
GTC house staff will have their temperature checked prior to each work shift, wear masks at all times, and wash hands regularly. The house manager will ensure compliance of all box office and house staff.
Any patron unable to attend a performance may contact the GTC box office to change their tickets to a future performance or production.
CAST & CREW
Until further notice, all auditions and callbacks will be handled through video submissions via email and through Zoom. Auditions for future mainstage shows will be evaluated according to state guidelines at the time.
Our minimum guidelines for cast, crew, and other show staff listed below include:
- Any cast and crew members experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 or having had contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 (within the 14 days prior to our event) must not attend. See SYMPTOMS section below.
- All cast and crew members must enter through the artist entrance at the back of the Opera House.
- All backstage areas – including the green room and dressing rooms – will be cleaned and sanitized every day.
- Masks must be worn at all times, unless actors are on stage or in a rehearsal situation where it is appropriate. Crew members must wear masks during all performances. (This provision may be modified depending upon vaccinations of cast and crew.)
- Cast and crew members are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer, which will also be provided by GTC.
- Cast members are not permitted in the office or costume room.
- Crew headsets will be assigned and must be sanitized and stored in assigned containers when not in use.
- Cast members will be assigned microphones, which must be sanitized and stored in assigned containers when not in use.
- Dressing areas will be spaced to include current dressing rooms as well as the upstairs rehearsal hall.
- Cast and crew members cannot leave any personal belongings overnight.
- Set pieces and props will be sanitized following every performance. No edible props will be permitted. As during normal rehearsals and performances, props should only be handled by the cast member using it.
- Cast and crew members may not be in the lobby, except for sound and light personnel going directly to their work stations or for cast members making entrances or exits during performances. Cast members will not greet patrons following performances.
- Cast meals will be provided with sponsoring restaurants offering individual meal boxes.
Stage managers will enforce all guidelines for cast and crew members.
Cast and crew members, staff, and patrons must not have any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19:
- Temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher when taken by mouth;
- Sore throat;
- Nausea or vomiting;
- Loss of taste or smell;
- Difficulty breathing;
- Shortness of breath
- Congestion or runny nose;
- Shaking or exaggerated shivering;
- Significant muscle pain or ache.