Forever Plaid Auditions
Musical Continuity Supervision and Arrangements by James Raitt
Originally Produced by Gene Wolsk
Stage Manager: William Byrum
Saturday, February 23 from 9am-12pm at the Granbury Opera House (133 E. Pearl Street, Granbury, Texas 76048 – please enter through the artists entrance at the back of the building)
- Please come prepared with a headshot and resume.
- You must note ALL conflicts for rehearsals and performances on the evening of your auditions.
- Auditions will include a cold reading from the script.
- Prepare a clearly marked 16 to 32 bar cut from a song in the style of the show. Accompaniment will be provided so please provide the sheet music.
Once upon a time, there were four guys (Sparky, Smudge, Jinx and Frankie) who discovered that they shared a love for music and then got together to become their idols – The Four Freshman, The Hi-Lo’s and The Crew Cuts. Rehearsing in the basement of Smudge’s family’s plumbing supply company, they became “Forever Plaid”. On the way to their first big gig, the “Plaids” are broadsided by a school bus and killed instantly. It is at the moment when their careers and lives end that the story of Forever Plaid begins….
- Rehearsals will begin Monday, February 25.
- Typically, rehearsals will be Mondays-Thursdays from 7-10pm and Saturdays from 9am-1pm.
- Tech Week rehearsals on March 25-28 will be Monday-Thursday from 6-10pm. There may be a Q2Q rehearsal on Sunday, March 24.
GTC is a non-Equity company. Actor stipends are available for some roles.
Housing is available upon request.
The production runs from March 29-April 14 with shows on Fridays at 7:30pm, Saturdays at 2pm and 7:30pm, and Sundays at 2pm.
Schedule Your Audition
Please allow the form to load. If the form does not load, click here to register.
Francis – The leader and caretaker of the group. Confident. Asthmatic. He has a great deal of compassion for the music and the group. Romantic crooner and spiritual singer.
Sparky – The clown of the group, who is shown to have a heart. Very sharp and loves singing his tailor-made solos. Wears a retainer and has a slight speech impediment. Energetic and clever.
Jinx – The shy one. He lives his life terrified and doesn’t always remember what song comes next. Sparky’s step-brother, he occasionally gets a nosebleed when he sings above an A.
Male | 20 to 35 | Vocal range top: C6 | Vocal range bottom: F3
Smudge – The worrier. He worries about the props, the running order, and always assumes the audience won’t like him. Has chronic nervous stomach and is oddly reluctant to perform. Wears glasses, which hides his good looks and sex appeal.
Do you want to be notified about upcoming auditions for Granbury Theatre Company productions?
Then just enter your first and last name, your email address, and check the “GTC Audition Notices” box below. You can also choose to subscribe for email updates and offers from Granbury Theatre Company and Granbury Theatre Academy!